– 2 tablespoons butter, plus 6 tablespoons melted butter
– 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
– 1 pound crab meat, flaked
– ½ cup dry sherry
– 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
– 3 scallions, finely chopped
– 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
– ½ teaspoon dried oregano
– Salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
– 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
– 1 ½ cups (approx.) whipping cream
– 20 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, butterflied
– ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms and cook until all of the liquid evaporates. Stir in the crab meat, sherry, egg, scallions, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs; cover and steam 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add just enough whipping cream to bind the mixture.
- Place shrimp on a large working surface; stuff each shrimp with a portion of the crab meat mixture.
- Arrange the shrimp stuffed side up in a baking dish. Drizzle with the 6 tablespoons of melted butter, then sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve these delicate party pleasers with a classy white wine, such as Champagne, White Zinfandel, or Pouilly-Fume.